Immigrants who applied for the new pathway released this 2021 to permanent residence for essential workers & International Graduates can now get an open work permit during the time that they wait for the response of their application.
According to Marco Mendicino immigration Minister this July 26th Immigrants who applied for the recently launched pathway to permanent residence will be eligible for an Open Work permit while they are waiting for the final decision on their application.
If you applied to this new program and your status is close to expiration, don´t worry you will be available to apply for this open work permit that will be valid until December 31, 2022.
“Our new path to permanent residence for 90,000 essential workers and international graduates is a major step forward— the size, speed and scope of which is unprecedented,” said Marco Mendicino in a news release. “This new open work permit ensures that those who have been playing critical roles throughout the pandemic can continue their extraordinary service.”
What do I need to apply for the new Open Work Permit?
- Firstable have applied under one of the new permanent residence pathways;
- Hold a valid work permit that is set to expire within the next 4 months
- Be authorized to work at the time of my application
- Being in Canada at the time their open work permit application is submitted
- Have a temporary residence status, maintained status, or be eligible for a status restoration at the time that open work permit application is submitted
- Be employed in any occupation at the stream under which they applied.
Something important to mention for this Open Work Permit is this is available to the applicant’s spouse, common-law partner and dependent children over the age of 18. (If they are in Canada already).
You can find more information on July 26th 2021 at IRCC´s portal, contact us for more details about how to apply to this new pathway for Essential workers, 81% of the applications have been already submitted.