Maria is a Lawyer and Notary Public in Vancouver, BC.
Maria first visited Canada in 2005 on an academic exchange program to the University of British Columbia, she returned to Mexico to finish her Bachelors Degree in Law, a Masters Degree in Corporate Law and also completed other studies in Europe for one year before she immigrated to Canada as a temporary worker under the Working Holiday Program and then permanently in 2008 under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Once in Canada, Maria completed all the assessments and exams to become a Canadian lawyer.
Maria has practised immigration law since 2012 and has founded a law firm in Vancouver, Invicta Law Corporation, here she is also involved in different areas of law such as Family Law, Corporate, Litigation and other civil matters.
- University of British Columbia
- Peter A. Allard School of Law, 2015
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Campus Monterrey(ITESM)
- School of Law, 2007
- Masters in Corporate Law (LL.M. –Honours– 2008)
- Certificate in North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA); Houston, United States of America, 2005
- Diploma in International Legal Framework from the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas de Madrid, Spain. 2006
- Diploma in International Trade from Ashton College, Vancouver (FITT Accreditation with Distinction), 2011
- Diploma in Canadian Immigration Consulting from Ashton College, Vancouver (Honours)2012
- LAW SOCIETY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
Lawyer and Notary Public
- STIBC (Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia)
Language combination: Spanish to English
- ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia)
ICBC Approved Translator
News & Resources from Maria
Judicial Review is a legal process in which a court judge reviews a decision by an administrative tribunal or government decision-maker. The process is revised making sure its outcome was reasonable, fair, and lawful.
Defamatory social media posts can easily tarnish a reputation that took time and effort to build. If you have been unfairly attacked and believe that you are a victim of defamation, it is important to gather your evidence thoroughly and act quickly to protect yourself.